Friday, June 11, 2010

Oh.My.Goodness! Carrot salad? Oh yes Carrot salad.

I am addicted to this recipe!
I was recently told to eat more veggies and one serving or less of grains for a little while, for health reasons. This is really difficult once you look at what you eat with a critical eye, at least for me. So I got to reading all my cookbooks for salads I could keep on hand and this is one that doesn't stay in the fridge for more than a day. Thank you Nigella Lawson and your Forever Summer cookbook, I bought it ages ago when I could catch her program on Food Network. I love how easy and yummy this recipe is, and if you don't have peanut oil olive works just fine.

4 medium carrots, peeled
1/3 cup salted peanuts
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons peanut oil
few drops sesame oil
Nigella says:  Grate the carrots very coarsely, push them through the french-fry cutter blade in the food processor, or just cut them into skinny batons or sticks. In a bowl, combine them with the peanuts and then add the remaining ingredients. I like to eat this, straight out of the Pyrex bowl I mix it in, held up high, under my chin, for ease of eating-action. In fact, the only way I stop eating it is by having someone prise the bowl out of my hands.
Serves 1-2, depending on your compulsiveness or generosity.
Forever Summer by Nigella Lawson Hyperion April 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment